100 Yoga Quotes to Inspire Your Practice
100 Inspirational and Motivational Quotes on Yoga
Here are 100 motivational and inspirational yoga quotes from renowned masters that will inspire your daily yoga practice.
23. “Yoga is the science that empowers every being to realise his or her highest state of possibility. Yoga comes from the Sanskrit word “yug” that means union. It takes us from being human to being divine – to the state of Sadashivoham – the state of being eternally divine and in union with the Source.” – Swami Nithyananda
46. “True yoga is not about the shape of your body, but the shape of your life. Yoga is not to be performed; yoga is to be lived. Yoga doesn’t care about what you have been; yoga cares about the person you are becoming. Yoga is designed for a vast and profound purpose, and for it to be truly called yoga, its essence must be embodied.” – Aadil Palkhivala
61. “Although yoga has its origins in ancient India, its methods and purposes are universal, relying not on cultural background, faith or deity, but simply on the individual. Yoga has become important in the lives of many contemporary Westerners, sometimes as a way of improving health and fitness of the body, but also as a means of personal and spiritual development.” –Tara Fraser
66. “Yoga says instinct is a trace of an old experience that has been repeated many times and the impressions have sunk down to the bottom of the mental lake. Although they go down, they aren’t completely erased. Don’t think you ever forget anything. All experiences are stored in the chittam; and, when the proper atmosphere is created, they come to the surface again. When we do something several times it forms a habit. Continue with that habit for a long time, and it becomes your character. Continue with that character and eventually, perhaps in another life, it comes up as instinct.” – Swami Satchidananda
68. “Here is, in truth, the whole secret of Yoga, the science of the soul. The active turnings, the strident vibrations, of selfishness, lust and hate are to be stilled by meditation, by letting heart and mind dwell in spiritual life, by lifting up the heart to the strong, silent life above, which rests in the stillness of eternal love, and needs no harsh vibration to convince it of true being.” – Patanjali
86. “Yoga, an ancient but perfect science, deals with the evolution of humanity. This evolution includes all aspects of one’s being, from bodily health to self-realisation. Yoga means union – the union of body with consciousness and consciousness with the soul. Yoga cultivates the ways of maintaining a balance attitude in a day to day life and endows skill in the performance of one’s actions.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
90. “He is unaffected by Karma, although engaged in action, who has yoked himself to the way of Yoga, whose mind is purified, whose self has triumphed and whose senses have been subdued, and whose self has, indeed, become the self of all beings. Although acting he remains unaffected by Karma.” – Krishna, The Gita.
Ked Suri, Founder of The Yogi Press
Ked was born and raised in Barcelona. He considers himself a blend of East and West, keeping from each world what is most exceptional.Yoga has played an important part of his life since his early years; he was initiated at the Bihar School of Yoga at the age of seven and experienced ashram life every year whilst growing up, spending much time with swamis, yogis and renunciates. Get in touch with him.